Embassy of the Philippines - Beijing
Country Information Philippines-China Relations Tourism Business-Economic Visa Home



The passport is the single most important document of identity of a Filipino in a foreign land. It should be carried or kept securely at all times. A photocopy of the passport should be secured.

Filipinos with expiring or lost passports may apply for a new one at the Philippine Embassy. When doing so, please be guided by the following requirements:

For renewal of expiring passports, prepare the following: (1) the old passport, (2) three ID photos not older than six months with white background, (3) proof of marriage for married women holding the old passports, and (4) for others holding the old brown passport, any documents such as drivers and professional licenses, birth certificate, etc. bearing the middle name. For newly-born children * of Filipino parents, or where one of the parent is a Filipino: (1) authenticated certificate of birth from the local authorities, (2) Philippine passport(s) of parent(s), (3) marriage certificate of parents and (4) three ID photos with white background.

Filipinos who lose their passports by theft or other circumstances are advised to immediately report the matter to local police authorities and the Philippine Embassy. Filipinos seeking the replacement for lost passports should prepare the following: (1) a police report on the loss issued by the local public security and affidavit of loss undertaken by the applicant at the Philippine Embassy, (2) photocopy of old passport, if any, (3) items 2, 3 and 4 required for renewal, and (4) other proofs of Filipino identity/nationality as may be required by the Consular Officer.


back to top


Certifications/authentication from the Philippine Embassy

The Philippine Embassy may notarize and authenticate public documents for use in the Philippines. Certifications/authentication of Chinese documents such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, business registration license, health certificate, etc., require prior notarization by a notary public in China and authentication by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beijing. Notarials are made on affidavits executed by Filipinos before a Consular officer in the Embassy. Passports and relevant documents may be required by the Consular Officer.

Certifications from the National Statistics Office

Application for birth, death, marriage certificates and certificate of no marriage may be made through letter requests and e-census service. E-census service may be used by accessing the National Statistics Office' website http://www.e-census.com.ph .

For letter requests, applications will be filed by sending a letter. Payments will be in bank draft, demand draft, or cashier's draft check with a charge of $20 per copy.

Requested copy shall be sent through mail. If the requester wants to forward the copy through courier to facilitate delivery, there will be3additional charges.

On the other hand, you can use also the NSO's internet facility at www.e-census.com.ph. Once you have gained access, you'll be able to file requests for birth, death, marriage and cernomar (certificate of no marriage) certificates. Payments for the request and handling fee are made by depositing to any of the legitimate banks. LAND BANK OF THE PHILIPPINES correspondent banks are the following:

  • American Express Int'l Banking Corp.-New York Cit

  • Bank of Hawaii Int'l-New York City

  • Citibank-New York City

  • Chase Bank-New York City

  • First Union Core States-Philadelphia

  • Bank of America-New York CityHawaii-Saipan

  • Westpac Banking Corporation-New South Wales

  • Hongkong Bank-Central Hongkong

  • Banco Nazionale Del Lavoro- Roma Aurelio, Italia

  • American Express Bank-Tokyo, Japan

  • Union Bank of California-Tokyo, Japan

  • Bank of Hawaii-Tokyo, Japan

  • Fuji Bank Limited-Tokyo, Limited

  • Saudi American Bank-Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

  • Cho Hung Bank- Seoul, Korea

  • Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp.-Singapore

  • Development Bank of Singapore

  • United Overseas Bank-Singapore

  • Lloyds Bank PLC-London

  • American Express GMBH-Frankfurt

  • Berenberg Bank-Hamburg

  • Int'l Commercial Bank of China- Taipei, Taiwan

  • Land Bank of Taiwan-Taipci, Taiwan

  • Bank of Hawaii-Agana, Guam

  • Banco Popular Espanol-Madrid

In case a correspondent bank is not available in your area, you may use any of the local banks nearest you as long as they can transfer the payments to NSO's account.

Apply for transfer of US Dollar (US$) to the Philippines and fill out application for cable/telex with the following data:

Currency US Dollar ($)
Amount Amount in words and in figures
Address 313 Gil Puyat, Avenue, Makati City
For further credit to Land Bank of the Philippines
West Triangle Branch, Quezon Avenue
Quezon City, Philippines
Remitter Name and address of the remitter
Message CRD PAYMENT: (Birth, marriage, death or Cernomar request)
Owner of CRD (applicant) Name and address of the applicant if other than the remitter (applicant)
Telephone no. Telephone no. of the owner of the document or remitter
Manner of Spending Via Cable/Telex to Land Bank of the Philippines
Sending Instruction Routing No. TLBPPPHMMAXXX
Value today please remit US Dollar (US$) _______________
To: Land Bank of the Philippines
For credit to: National Statistics Office
Account Number: 0234-0026-35

After you have successfully deposited the payments in the bank, please inform the NSO of the details of your remittances. Details include the remitter's name, date remitted, amount remitted and the name of the originating bank.

Visa /Residence Permit

Filipinos visiting China as tourists or businessmen should be aware of the allowed length of their stay in China as stated in their visas. The immigration authorities in China charge a fine of RMB500 per day for overstaying tourists. An overstaying tourist is not allowed to exit the country without paying the fine.

If visitors wish to stay beyond the allowed number of days shown in the visa, they should apply for an extension of stay a few days prior to the expiration of the current visa at the Public Security Bureau.

Foreigner Residence Permit

The residence permit attests that a Filipino is entitled to reside in China for a definite period for reasons of employment, academic study or marriage to a local Chinese or foreigner residing in China. Employing companies usually handle the application for the processing of temporary residence permits of their foreign employees. Foreign Residence Permits are stamped on the passports. Employees should take note of its validity.

Registration at the Residence Committee

The Public Security Bureau requires that even short-term visitors should register voluntarily at the Residence Committee covering their place of residence within three days after their arrival. Visitors staying in hotels are exempt from this procedure since hotels automatically register their guests with the appropriate Residence Committee. The proof of registration with the appropriate Residences Committee for short-term visitors is presented when Immigration Police undertake routine checks at private residences.

Travel Tax Exemption

Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) are exempted from paying the travel tax of PhP1,600.00 (PhP2,700 for first class passengers) by presenting the following documents to the Philippine Travel Authority Tax Office in Manila or at NAIA Departure Lobby: (1) passport and (2) Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) from POEA or a Certificate of Employment (COE) or Permanent Residence issued by the Philippine Embassy.

Dependents of OFWs are also entitled to a standard reduce rate of PhP300 (PhP400 for first class passengers) upon presentation of the passport, OEC or COE, marriage contract (in case of the spouse) and birth certificate (for unmarried children below 21 years old. Infants below 2 years old are exempted from payment of the travel tax.

Payment of Philippine Income Tax

The 1997 Comprehensive Tax Reform Law exempts the income earned by non-resident citizens and OFWs from income tax and withholding tax. This law covers earnings made abroad beginning 1998.

For further inquiries, please contact your Consular Officer at the Embassy or the Philippine Consulates General nearest your place of residence.



  • from the Philippine Embassy
  • from the National Statistics Office
    (birth, death, marriage, adoption, etc)

Visa / Residence Permit

Foreigner Residence Permit

Registration at the Residence Comittee

Travel Tax Exemption

Payment of Philippine Income Tax

Quick Requirements Checklist and Download Forms

Kabayan Main Page